A CLOUD OF QUILT PATTERNS: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PATTERN IN BLOG FORM UPDATES & ADDITIONS BY BARBARA BRACKMAN

Monday, September 25, 2017

Rainbow Quilt---Shaded Squares #2289

20th century quilt from the Arizona Project and the Quilt Index.
I bet the tans were once green.

One of my favorite designs, nothing but squares.

Shaded on the diagonal.

Popular about 1900 to show off these
fashionable new prints at the time:

grey, black, pink red and blue, blue, blue.

I made a repro in the 1990s
when those colors were fashionable again.

I noticed the design actually has a BlockBase number
2289, published a few decades after the first craze.
Rainbow Quilt in Country Gentleman magazine in 1932.


This one from French72 Antiques is colored true to the name.

Even though I've already made one the version below is
making me think about another.

Fussy-cut polka dots.


More on tessellating squares:

No comments:

Post a Comment