A CLOUD OF QUILT PATTERNS: AN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF PATTERN IN BLOG FORM UPDATES & ADDITIONS BY BARBARA BRACKMAN

Monday, April 19, 2021

Rags & Tatters

 

In 1933 the Detroit News offered a patchwork pattern
called Rags & Tatters... 

which was not in the old Encyclopedia or BlockBase
so I added it to the new editions (#2005.5). I found the pattern at the Quilt Index
which has a picture of a sheet with a setting and shading suggestion.


I exported the BlockBase+ file to EQ8 where I could match original shading suggestion by turning every other block and shading in counterchange fashion. What's light in one block is dark in the next.


A lot going on visually.

I don't know much about the Detroit News as I haven't had access to many clippings over the years. They competed with a bigger needlework operation in the Detroit Free Press.

Rags & Tatters is an interesting combination of a Jacob's Ladder sort of 4-patch
with a frame. Here's a BlockBase+ Quilt Layout that shows how
it looks set side by side.
And on point.


No comments:

Post a Comment